I woke up early again today
Just to pray
Just to say
Its the only way
I know to love you
Because in truth
I hate what you have become
You who were once my lover, my friend, my confidant
You with whom I bound myself
Till death do us part
Are now a shadow of a man
Lost
In a land of sin and perversion
Honeymoon long gone
I long for those days,
Newness, bliss, that first kiss
You belonged to me, and I to you
None compared…
Yet that was then,
Now
Dreams shattered
I awake to the truth
I am no longer your one and only
There are many
Caricatures of what is said to be womanly
So called artists, of pleasure and fantasy
Painting shadows on our life
While you hide in the shadows of your lies
I know what you do
Don't think I don't see
I followed the clues
They led me straight to your loot
The "treasures" in the closet
X marked
Tapes, mags, and hidden files
X marked
Hours spent alone in secrecy
X marked
Right where you broke my heart
Day after day
Night after night
This terrible trio haunts our home
So that when I lay me down to sleep, I lie alone
Though I am still right next to you
Lonely broken and cold
Lust has our love overshadowed
If you could only see
Your obsession
This pitiful possesssion
Which drives you to look upon these images
And betray my trust
Drives me to see you with disgust
Here in the cold I remember
How we once were
Enamored with our love, bound by Christ
Never would have thought twice
How did I not see?
Was I deceived?
Too blind with love to see
The foxes in our home
While I was out working for our bread
Was it me?
Too many hours in the office?
Not enough time in our bed?
One pound too heavy?
One inch too short?
WHAT WAS IT?
That drove you to choose ‘Candy’ over me?
Was it her beauty, radiant as the sun
I thought I was the only one
What about ‘Ginger’?
Was it the delight she found in your presence
Drunk with joy we use to dance
And those ‘play’ mates you love so?
How far was it you said you’d go
For Me?
Or maybe its you
Maybe, you’re lazy, selfish, and a tool
Too weak to stop
Too stubborn to see
how
it
BR
E
A
KS
me
But truth be told
I love you
So here I am drenched in my tears
Praying for you
Crying out to the God who called us
One
Him who gave birth to the Sun
That He would move on my behalf
Melt your heart of stone
And mend my heart of glass
It is said that perfect love casts out all fear
And my greatest fear is not that you will cease to love me
But that I would stop loving you enough
To hold on to the hope that you will return to me someday
And so today like every other day
I wake up early to pray
Just to remind myself
That I still love you
just enough
Enough to make it through another day
No comments:
Post a Comment