I don't use chatrooms. Cause truly, I think the concept is kinda sketch. Or maybe I've seen too many episodes of Law and Order and CSI delving into those Criminal Minds. But truth be told its probably cause, if I did it'd probably sound something ike this:
"Hey"
"Sup"
"What's your name?"
"...Rose"
"That's anice name."
"Thanks I guess"
"ASL?"
"23, female, and Aint-Never-Gonna-Happen-Ville, Population ,me and you! :-)"
Now this may sound kinda harsh. I never met the guy, 'Baller2Cool4You' could be really nice. But nice doesn't make you worthy of my heart. It is a precious gem, a jewel of priceless worth. And it is the only part of a woman worth fighting for even after the cookie's left the cookie jar.
Now my jar is tightly sealed, but my heart remains the real deal.
For in my heart lies the scars that time and trials have left behind.
In my heart character was chiseled in with the finesse of a scupltor.
In my heart lie my hopes and my dreams.
It is also where I lock away my deepest fears.
It is the truth speaker, for out of its abundance I speak.
The heart is what all men should seek.
But you can't see that through a screen... you see what I mean?
That is also why I hate clubs, bars and those guys that holla at you from their cars.
Cause it reinforces this fear that I have that to most men, the cookies all they want, its all they need.
And my heart? Just scenery on their way in for their fill.
But I know I am more than a cheap thrill.
More than a trick, or some late night booty call.
So my jar remains sealed, and my heart is STILL the real deal.
Cause it is the gateway to my soul and also my mind
In my heart lies the lessons learned through time.
My heart is also where my Saviour lives.
He is the Keeper of the door, the Key Holder, and the Only Way in.
Now it might sound like I am asking for a lot.
But I just want someone to honour my heart.
All I need is one.
Though to see every man honour the heart, and treat women with the respect they deserve would be nice. All I need is one man to champion my heart. Purpose to walk with integrity and protect what takes time and trust to build. All I need is one to befriend the Keeper of the door, prove himself faithful and worthy of more. A man who gets why my jar is still sealed. And who honours my heart as the real deal.
That's how the cookie crumbles
No comments:
Post a Comment