Try as I may
Can't get my eyes back on you
Horizon obscured by my thoughts
The bricks with which I build
Leaving my world barren and cold
My vision blurred
Without you in view
Now here I stand
Surrounded by prisons of my own design
Sky scrapers climbing to the sky
They stare down in mocking posture
For they are aware the creator is now the captured
In circles I run
With tears I scream
But this jungle of concrete envolops my tears
Engulfs my cries, and mournful good byes
Where are you?
Here?
Now?
I think I know the answer
You never left, and yet I am lonely and bereft
But how do I reach you
While caged in, surrounded
In desperation I cry
Hear me!
Lend your ear to my cry
I beg of you open my eyes
Lend your eyes to my sight
For I long to see as I once saw
To taste of your nectar once so sweet
Now but a memory
When you held me in your arms
And whispered your goodnights
With every setting sun
Day after day with out fail
And yet today that voice once so near
Is so very far away
Fleeting like a crashing wave
I am unable to catch it
Coming in
Racing out
Speak you who are ever present
Move you who are immovable
Pull me out
For the walls I have built are too high
On my own I cannot
I will not escape
You are my only hope
My only way
If you do not rescue me
Then who else
And so I summon from within
The last of my strength
Breathing in deep
Drowning my lungs with your breath
Pressing down against my diagphragm
Deeper and deeper
I shake under the pressure
Braely holding on
With billowing power and strength I release my cry
This my final plea
For a remedy to my disease
I give. I am yours
Truly and completely
Please do heed my cry.
Do with me as you wish
All I ask,
All I desire
Is this one thing
Freedom.
Freedom from broken hearts and shattered dreams
Freedom for longings that rage from within me
Hopes and dreams
Some deffered
Weighing down my heart, soul and mind
Freedom, is all I require
Freedom form future, present, past
Hurts, and scars and tears I have cried
Freedom from the the ssting of being denied
I look to you and you alone
For only you can answer me
You are able to deliver me
Would you not hear, and see me in my adversity?
You who are magnificet, shining like the sun?
You with whom all has begun?
Have you not seen?
Can you not hear?
The mournful cries do they not triclke down your ear?
Here I stand gasping for air
My lungs empty out
I need you
In me have you way
No comments:
Post a Comment