Friday, December 31, 2010

Tithing the year

So blogging late at night has become a habit, one I am going to have to cease soon, but one none theless. I think its because I reflect better at night. No one is awake and needs my attention. :p I can be alone with the Spirit and my thoughts...

The new year is coming and I am determined to see a difference. Not merely in my life, but in, my world and the lives of those around me. In my community, in my city, and in my nation. I am tired of reading the stats that say that there is no hope. Tired of the stats that say my dreams are in vain. I refuse to bow to nay sayers any longer. I want my catch phrase to become, 'WHY NOT?' Why can't we see the lame walk, mute speak, cancer ridden given a clean bill? Why can we not see entire neighbourhoods, schools, cities, nations and ultimately the world, impacted and transformed by the love and power of Christ? Why do we have to stick to the reports of realists? According to my Bible, the only true reality is God's!!! And in THAT reality, darkness flees, sickness must go, truth prevails, and is proclaimed. It is a reality where joy, peace, hope, and love are normal. It is a reality where angels sing to His glory and tears are no more. That is the reality I desire to live in and not just in the sweet by and by but NOW, on earth as it is in Heaven.

I know it is possible, but I recognise that to see such great harvest in my life I must sow great seed. The only seed I have is my life. I heard a sermon recently where the speaker used the story about the two fish and five loaves as a representation of what God can do with our lives. Jesus could have very well used one fish and one loaf and the miracle would have been just as awesome, but he used everything the boy brought in. The same goes with us, He cares not how little it is He just wants all of it. When we say, "I'm sorry Lord I know it's not much. Its kinda dirty and broken but its all I got. Here is all of me." God's response is " That is plenty. I can work with that." All that to say tha I am aware that as little as my life may seem, I know and trust that God will do wonderful things with it. Simply because that is the kind of God He is, He is bound to His Word.

So as this year ends and the new year begins I have been thinking about how I will see the dreams and desires in my heart come to pass, and how I can draw closer to God. Something I learned in school this fall came to my rememberence. It is the importance of the tithe and the concept of tithing your day to God. Giving Him the first of your day as an offering of your best. So in that Spirit I have decided to tithe my year. I am going to dedicate the first 36 days of 2011 to God. Not that the rest of the year won't be in His hands, but I feel to set this time apart for Him to speak and do as He chooses in my life.

 If I am going to see more, I have to seek it. So I am going to eliminate the unneccessary noise in my life so I might hear His voice clearer. This is going to mean spending more time in solitude and in prayer, and in His Word. That also means less time investing in other things. So this is my official farewell to Facebook and Twitter for the next month or so. I will continue to blog as it is a great way for me to process, and I enjoy expressing myself and what I have been learning and reflecting upon in this manner. I am going to learn how to disconnect more with this world , (expect days when the celly will be off) and connect more with Jesus.

I am expectant of what God will do. There are three things in life that I can sow, my fincances, my words, and my time. So I am going to set my time in alignment, cause I believe that we are defs coming into a season where time is important. Where we invest will have a greater impact on our lives than we ever expected. And God is gonna start picking up the pace. I for one do not want to be left behind in this race...

So I guess that's it  for me tonight. Happy New Year, may 2011 be the best year you have ever lived. I challenge to seek Him this year like never before. Even if you have never heard about Jesus, or never cared to know Him. I dare you to seek Him out. You may very well be surprised as to what you discover.

In love, and in Christ

Rose

1 comment:

  1. I always love hearing your thoughts - though this is probably my first time to your blog. Your style is also very fun to read: lyrical and rhythmic.

    I am feeling a need to step it up a little - time, money, and well words are never something I valued enough. Another thing for me is to honour the Lord with my body by eating better and exercising more. Anyways, your thoughts give me more of a desire to think through my vision for 2011!

    Happy New Year!

    In Christ,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete