Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflections on Joshua 1

Strong and of good courage, I am to be
As I look into Your mirror I am able to see
A woman of valour, and strength
Willing and capable to accomplish all that You will
Here before this promised land of uncertainty I stand
Aware of  the outcome, yet unsure of its unfolding
It will take everything to stand and trust
For You promise never to leave me nor forsake me
As long as I remain true, and my heart stays pure
Before You oh God of my fathers, I set aside my life
To know You and Your promises, trusting in Your ways
For all of my days will I meditate on Your laws, that they might keep me
My paths be straightened and my faith kept by Your strength
Strong and very courageous, I am
Only by the power of the Lamb, slain for my transgressions
For the Lord is salvation, You who has delivered me from the hands of my enemies
Once enslaved, I held on to Your words by night
Today I am free and able to walk into Your plans and purposes
You are with me, and have prepared the way
Your promises ring from every mountain range
And Your praise is proclaimed from the lips of all men
Boldly marching towards the prize set before me, I go
To possess what is mine by inheritance, and mark my place in His story

No comments:

Post a Comment