Saturday, June 23, 2012

Haven't taken the time to blog in a looong while. But this is worth breaking the silence.

So here goes. One of my closest friends came out today. And when I say closest I don't use it lightly. This young man, has been a brother, friend, blessing and so much more over the last 4 years. It is funny how people come into your life sometimes... We are the most random matching as friends but I think that's how God and life is sometimes. The thing is we met in a Christian context and he was a Christian what I didn't know and found out 2 years into our friendship was that he carried a secret that ate at him until now.

He is attracted to men. I still remember where we stood when he told me. And honestly I remember looking at this dear friend, whom I had come to know and love, and realisng; it changed nothing. I still loved him, I was still for him and nothing would change that. Now here we are two years later, and this secret that I and very few others shared with him is no longer a secret. I can only imagine the relief he is feeling today. Having been honest with himself and those around him with the battle he has carried for way too long. I wept for him that cold march night. Knowing what it meant to be a Christian and being gay. And today though as a sister in Christ my heart is heavy, I smile and realise the exact same thing. Nothing has changed for me.

Side note:
I am writing this not to discuss the theological view point on sexual sin, this is not the time or place. (If you want to talk call me we'll have coffee.) But I am writing this because someone I deeply cherish and love made a bold move today and I know that the response could go either way.

To the Christians who had no idea, feel free to grieve. Its normal. Talk to God, journal, pray, write, worship. I have been there and back. But what I would caution against is judgement, slander, gossip and hate. Feel however you want about the theology, but Jesus preached more than mere doctrine. He came in love and compassion, and as such so should we. So if your thoughts aren't becoming of a friend, brother, sister or child of God, do me and the rest of the world a favour, and shut up. It sounds harsh, but I am serious. The Word says that all have sinned and come short of God's glory. Yea that means you too.

Life and death are in the tongue, and death does not become those who call Christ their own. Furthermore, I might be slightly biased but that's the nature of life and he is first and foremost  my brother. And I always have beef when people hate on my fam.

I think I have said all I feel like saying tonight. Not feeling too long winded today. I just felt that this needed to be said.
*********************************************************************************
Beyond that, David if you read this. You may not want to or be ready to see me or talk to me. That is your prerogative. But that being said, the above is and remains true. I love you and wish only the best for you and your future. You know where to find me. Keep your head up, and never be a stranger.

Rose

2 comments:

  1. All of this. Always. Could not have said it better myself...

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong woman who I admire so much! Key that we seek the Lord in prayer big time!

    ReplyDelete