I start a new job in the morning. Its kinda cool, kinda exciting, with spoonful of scary, and a handful of destiny sifted through the shaker of fulfillment. For the next 8 week, I will be working for my church, and my one goal will be to extend God's Kingdom through our young generation. More tangibly we are believing for 10 to 20 new memebers in our youth group by the end of our term...
In one way its like, "YEAYAH!!" God is totally big enough, people need Christ, and those who have Him need somewhere to be fed, stretched and grown. On the flipside I am like oh God, am I ready for this? For the next 2 months I will be embarking on a journey and getting a taste of what full-time ministry could be like. It is crazy to me. I never thought, even in my wildest dreams that I would end up here. And there are moments when I shake my head and think that this is too good to be true... I am getting paid to do what I love: engage a generation with the good news that rocked my world and transformed my life.
This year has been a whirlwind, and its gone by so fast that I haven't necessariloly had the time to properly reflect on all that has transpired. But essnetially in the last 6 months,
*Finished 1st year of Bible School
*Preached at youth
*Qualified and competed in Capital Slam Semi Finals
*Started coordinating an open mic night at work (which I get paid to do btw)
*Performed/ministered for the first time on my own and out of town (SO MUCH FUN!! Loved being on the road)
*Performed at a local fundraiser, gospel event, and community award ceremony
*Met and performed for a former Governor General, and a current senator from BC
*And been hired on as a summer student at my church, essentially working in what would be considered my field....
It is absolutely insane the favour I have recieved from far and wide, believers and non believers. I am absolutely awestruck, and humbled. Its funny cause in some ways I shouldn't be surprised. God is good and has a plan for my life. It would be natural for things to to pick up. That and I have recieved more than a few prophetic words that more is coming my way.
Now back to tomorrow, or I guees it is more like today. I am praying that God would give me and the rest of our team, inspired ideas and plans for this summer. I know He has people in this city which He has called by name, and wishes to bring into His threshold. The beauty is that I get to play a part in bringing them home. how amazing, how humbling, and oh how faithful is our God. Him who has heard every prayer, silent and not so silent. Him who has caught my tears, and simultaneously plead and recieved my case. He is slowly directing me towards the place He has called me to be. I am watching my life pass me by, and though some parts are most definitely overwhelming, it is encouraging to see that He has not forgotten me. I know he hasn't but it is always nice to see the thing you know to be true be confirmed through manifestation.
So here I am, preparing my heart for what comes next. I don't know who He will bringing me to. But I do know that He has ordained, this day and the next 2 months from the onset of eternity. So its all good. Those young men and women that will join our family this summer, are marked by Heaven. Their hearts are being prepared, broken, softened, mended, for what is to come. It blesses me to think that I will be able to look back at this summer and see the lives that were transformed through God's grace and the faithfulness and obedience of a few.
My prayer is that I remain faithful, and humble. I know I am prone to labour in my own strength, and maybe that is why my life has been so crazy lately. I have no choice at the moment but to lean on Him cause truly I don't feel prepared or completely equipped, despite my training and experience. lol I am not even sure where to start. That makes it all the more exciting I guess, cause that means that whatever the results, they depend on God not me.
This is so sweet. I am stoked. I need to sleep, so I am gonna do that, but please, please, please, pray for me, and Lea who will be working with me this summer. Pray for our youth ministry that God would prepare them and their hearts for the harvest that is most definitely coming, that may not necessarily look like what any of us imagined. Pray for our pastors, that they may be filled with wisdom and strength for this new season. Most of all pray for the young pweople we will meet this summer. May we see many lives impacted and transformed to the glory of our King.
No comments:
Post a Comment