To the lost, the broken, abandoned and used
To the beaten, stolen, raped and abused
To all those who will never again see home
And those to an early grave sent Home
To the daughter selling her purity for cheddar
And the son fighting unjustly under "freedom's" banner
To the forgotten, invisible, and non existants of this world
Forgive me
Forgive my slothfulness and my complacency
Forgive my selfishness and inability to see
Forgive me for merely watching movies about your plight
Rather than standing up to join the fight
Forgive my empty tears, too often followed by inaction
Forgive me for not allowing compassion to follow my emotion
Forgive me for consuming umabashedly at your expense
Shirking at the thought of spending a few extra cents
Forgive me for forgettng your tears, ignoring your cries
Forgive me for believing truths I know are lies
For knowing your plight and staying mum
While you point a gun at your mum
Forgive me my excess,
As "necessitiy" I confess
Though I know I can do without,
Justified under the banner of being blessed
Forgive my comfort,
While you bare back, break backs,
Barreling down a bottomless track only to end up broke, alone
and no better off then when you started
Forgive my nation, for the rape, murder and plunder of your land, people and livelihood
Forgive our audacity,
We the "first", sometimes have not the first clue
And could use a lesson, a second or a thrid from you
From those whose homes are built from dirt
The same dirt with which God formed man,
That can be found on any land, walked upon by any man
No matter his shade or hue
And yet I'm better than you?
Forgive me
Please forgive the invisible hand
That evil ogre called supply and demand
Selfishness, overconsumption, mass media, and the rest
Please forgive our thoughtlesness
Forgive our fallacies, under the guise of progressive policies
Fairness and equality for everyman, diplomacy, democracy, human rights, equality,
Because in truth the right of the wealthy man is what rules
Or the poor man with wealthy friends
Connections without which you may as well be dead
Mass confusion, contradictions,
Forgive our assumption that we shan't ever reap what we sow
For deadly is gluttony, pride and greed, though it may glitter as gold
Its shine is only temporary with sin at its core
For one day you may choose to settle the score
So please forgive us our trespasses, as we don't forgive those against us
I know I see the irony too, but please do not as we do
For if the last do come first as many profess
We are in for a shocker without your forgiveness
No comments:
Post a Comment