Dear Samson,
I don't know quite where you're from. You mentioned your last stop was Montreal before your path crossed mine. I am not feeling quite eloquent today, but I knew I had to stop to just say, hello. And that I am still thinking of you. Though now comfortably sitting in my heated basement, far removed from the street corner where we met. But your face is engraved in my mind, permanently painted on my heart. How my heart breaks. And I am not quite sure what to say or even if this letter will truly change your plight. But I just had to. Just to say... Just to say that God loves you and knows your plight. Even though it may be hard to believe, He has felt the sting of lonliness, rejection and shame. Just like you, many cursed His name. And that love is what drove me to you. So today I pray for you, because I don't know what else to do.
If I had a millions, I'd pay to see you whole. With superpowers I'd fight the villains in your life on your behalf. But all I have is this heart, now contrite, my prayers, tears and the love of Christ. I am sorry a meal and prayer is all I could do. I'd love to build you a home, and fill a fridge for you.
Honestly I don't even know why I am telling you this. Not that you'll ever read this. The irony of my blogging about our encounter, just proves the distance we share in this life. On the flipside, the fact that I am blogging about this proves the oneness we share in this life. It kinda makes me chuckle to think of it.
My hope is that you would know the love and care of your creator, and that others would continue to show you love and give you reason for hope. And if we never meet again on the end of life's spectrum, if we could meet on the other side, that would be nice. Maybe have coffee or tea, in the presence of His majesty. And you could tell me your story? I would love that you see, just maybe...
And maybe you would share about how after we met, your still had its ups and downs but because you encountered His love, nothing was ever the same. Just maybe. Maybe you would tell me, about how you arose from the ashes of pain and shame. To live to be a mighty king, once plundered, now plundering. And just maybe, you'll tell me how your life was turned upside down. From a street corner home, to being seated next to the throne. And joy everlasting became your calling card, so much so that others followed in the after math. That you became a deliverer for your fellow captives and you saw freedom reign over the top on insurmountable mountains. Just maybe. I hope and I pray. Just maybe. We'll cross paths again someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment