So I figured I was due for an update! SO much has happened in the last little while.
Earlier this year I decided to join MoveIn (www.movein.to). It is a ministry that has as it's goal to see regular Christians move into lower income communities in our cities to pray and share God's love with their neighbours. My heart was to start a new team in Ottawa, but I wanted to be involved while waiting on God to provide roommates and a place. So I moved in to Donald street in June, on my birthday. And honestly this has probably been the best birthday gift I have ever given myself.
This summer I have met countless of people in our apartment complex, started a Bible study with one of our security guards, and shared God's love with a homeless teen that was hanging around the building. All this while praying every week for each of them, by name if possible, with my roommates and others. It has been such a blessing to see God answer prayer time and time again. He is so faithful, and He hears our prayers. For real. He has the nations of the world on His heart, and is just waiting for us to partner with Him and ask. I believe there is much more to come in DStreet, and in Ottawa.
Which leads me to my next move. In a little less than 3 weeks I will be moving to a west end community called Caldwell with 4 other girls. It is known for drugs, and prostitution, among other things and we have been told many times not to live there. lol But I am not deterred. I believe that God loves Caldwell and many other places like it. As such He wants to walk among those people, and for that He needs His hands and feet to GO. And so we shall. We have been preparing and praying all summer and we are almost there!
But we can't go alone. Feet need legs, and muscles and a torso, hands need wrists, and arms and so much more! Essentially we need each other. Please pray for us. We so desperately need it. Only God can transform a person, a community, a city or a nation. Pray that we would be indwelled by His Spirit every step of the way. Pray for safety and wisdom. Pray for people to come out of darkness into light. Pray that we would see missionaries raised up. My hope is to start a Bible study this fall, so pray that it would grow and reach those hungry for truth. Just pray. It is so appreciated! :)
I have also decided to join MoveIn on a leadership level. I have been stepping into the role of regional rep. for Ottawa. My job includes sharing vision, helping build new teams, being a support to current team and other cool stuff! I am super stoked about what God is doing here and will continue to do. We are most definitely in for a time!!!
All this change is requiring me to leave a lot behind; my job, home and life in the east end of the city. Fret not I have not gone too, too far! :-D But I am aware it will be difficult to keep everyone up to speed with my life, and ministry. So I am going to start monthly updates. It will give you a glimpse of my life, praise reports, prayer requests and other details about how you can get involved. I would be so blessed to have you all join me on this adventure!
That is just a glimpse into my world these days. It has been such a whirlwind but as I have been saying a lot lately, I am simply riding the wave. I am humbled and blessed to be where I am, and so thankful God still chooses to use me as crazy as I can be. Thank you for all the love and prayers! If you have questions about MoveIn, how it works, or how you can get involved send me an email at rose@movein.to. And to keep up to date with me, what is going on in Caldwell, and Ottawa, subscribe to my newsletter!
.
With love, and in Christ,
Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment