So, it's early and I can't get back to sleep. Got some things on my mind. So I wrote about it. It's still rough, as it is only a first draft but I look forward to singing this one.
This is for all the little girls seeking to heal their broken hearts through 'love'. :-)
Let it Go
Little girl, don't you know,
he isn't worth your soul
Fellas they may come, and they may go but none can replace the light of the sun
His lips may be sweet, his touch may be soft, but he ain't got enough love to heal your heart
His words may be nice, full of sugar and spice
He still ain't got the power to make all things right
Let it go
Let it go
Little girl don't you see? I'm not trying to be your enemy.
Not trying to deny you love, it's so quite the contrary
I'm watching you disappear with every day he holds you near
I wonder in the shadow of his body heat, is your reflection still clear?
His lips may be sweet, his touch may be soft, but he ain't got enough love to heal your heart
His words may be nice, full of sugar and spice
He still ain't got the power to make all things right
Let it go
Let it go
I know
He gives you loving you can't control
I know
In his eyes you see a broken soul like yours
I know
You think you're in love
But love in the dark, will never heal your soul
And once you've dipped your toe it's hard to know
But you gotta let it go
Let it go
No comments:
Post a Comment