Meanwhile you are out
Doing life without
Me, I wonder if things will ever be as they were
When your presence simply felt like home
I still saw light in your eyes
Oh! How they used to shine!
Not that they've dimmed...
How would I know?
That would imply having seen your face
But like I said: Its been a while
Since Ive seen you smile
Since I made you laugh
Your voiced cracked just a bit.
Is that a snort?
That's right about when you'd start blushing
Avoiding all eye contact...
While moments, memories escape me
Days pass by
Life goes on
And yet...
There's always something there
To remind me
Of when your presence simply felt like home
Even in the midst of a storm
You always knew
It would only take a squirrel to remind me
That the sky is still blue
The sun is still shining
And by God, it will shine again tomorrow
Bread crumbs, clues
Every time I Press Play, Shuffle or hit repeat.
Reminding me of you, and how the Father makes all things new
So, though I'm beginning to forget
I don't
I can't
It's in the chords;
i hear thEm as they resound
Choruses makinG even the angels sing
from Deep down within
They join me in praising our King
Its in the wind
Bringing hope to a heart contrite
Reminding me..
Home.
Is not of you, but in you
By the grace of the One who formed you
With such joy and delight
Seeing it fit to bless me with your life
His light shining trough
So as much as I miss you
And truly I do.
You can come
Or you can go
Text call
Or make like a ghost
But HE remains
And as much as it pains me, I know that its true
One day
After many days have gone
I may not remember at all
The walls will read a different song
Chords sounding something new
While alluding to references too obscure
Obscure for my view
As time goes on
And life goes on
And I press on
Without
You
No comments:
Post a Comment